The winner of our Purple Rain Design Competition is Kaitlyn Kliman who created the beautiful “Purple Rain on the Beach”.
The voting was VERY tight. Our very, very close second place winner is Audreyanne Covarrubias, designer of “Diamonds and Pearls in the Purple Rain”.
Both of these talented artists were awarded $50 Gift Certificates for use on anything in our store. Congratulations to Kaitlyn and Audreyanne!
We would also like to give honorable mention to all of the artists that participated and shared their work with us.
Roberta Miller for Early Morning in the Purple Rain
Wendy George for Purple Rain with a Passion
Marlene Ma for With Love
Alma Owens for Purple Wraps
Janet Kornegay for Purple Cascade
Alane Friedrich for Purple Rain
Join our email list
to be notified of the next design challenge, to get store coupons, and new class updates.
If you love what you see and are interested in learning new techniques, check out our exciting classes.
If you like the Purple Cascade, look for the Herringbone Weave class in our next class schedule. (Join our email list
to stay informed of the current offerings.)
We’ve got something fun happening every day this weekend. Check these out &
sign up to reserve your spot!
Saturday: Flat Strap Bracelet, with riveting, eyelet-setting, leather stamping
Design your own unique bracelet using leather, cork, or cotton flat straps.
Learn to rivet, and make eyelets in any of the flat straps. Learn to stamp leather!
No previous experience needed. Taught by Suzy Schuman.
Sunday: Coiling, Weaving and Wrapping Class
Learn how to beautifully coil, weave, and wire wrap stones to create your own
beautiful, unique pendants. With these techniques, you will take your wire wrapping
skills to the next level and be amazed at the professional pieces you create!
Prerequisite: Student must be very comfortable with the basic wire wrap. Taught by Roberta Miller
Monday: Tin Cup Necklace Class
Make the “Tin Cup” necklace sported by Rene Russo in the movie Tin Cup! In this new exciting class, you will use silk thread bead cord with beads and crystal beads to create the illusion of a floating bead necklace. The possibilities are endless and the result is amazing! Taught by Dona Fisher.
Where: Bead Inspirations
1544 Park Street
Alameda, CA 94501
Sign up today to reserve your spot!
Use this coupon to get 40% off any one gemstone strand in our retail store through Tuesday, August 6th! We’re also having a 20% sale on glazed clay beads in our retail and webstores through the 6th. Use the code wglzcly20 at checkout to get your discount!
Summer is a season of inspiration: the hot sun shining down on land and water, enjoying nature’s beauty at the park and the beach, traveling to new places and taking in new experiences. Here’s your chance to show your creative spirit with inspiring jewelry of your own design using glazed clay beads from Bead Inspirations. These handmade beads come in a rainbow of colors and a variety of shapes, making them perfect for all kinds of jewelry and creative projects. Just like these beads are baked from wet clay in the heat of a kiln, let your creative ideas take shape in the heat of the summer sun! Grab your bead tray, tools, and findings, because it’s time to start creating!
Submissions are due by noon (PST) Sunday, July 21, 2012. Voting will be open from July 22-25 at 11:59pm, with the Challenge Winner posted on Friday, July 26. Winner will receive a $50 gift certificate for the Bead Inspirations webstore.
DESIGN CHALLENGE RULES
To enter our Design Challenge: Email submissions to email@example.com and include the challenge name in the subject line.
- Submissions must be your own original work and showcase a good percentage of Bead Inspirations findings and embellishments.
- Designs must include glazed clay beads purchased from Bead Inspirations.
- Necklace, bracelet, anklet, ring, earrings — any type of jewelry applies. Photos of jewelry sets (i.e.: earrings with a necklace) will be cropped to show only one piece. Only one submission & vote per person.
- Email ONE good quality photo of the piece you wish to submit. Preferably photographed on a neutral background.
- Include your name, title of the piece, and inspiration (*see below REQUIRED).
- JPG size should be under 1 MB, if you’re savvy with resizing you can send your image between 250 and 500 pixels per direction.
- *REQUIRED: We would love to hear the inspiration behind your designs. Share with us a short paragraph describing your design and inspiration. Many of our customers are interested in hearing your design thoughts and your inspiration will help them with their voting process. Please keep your description to around 50 words.
- In the event of a tie, we will reopen the polls for a tiebreaker. Polls will be reopened for an extra day or two, thereby pushing back the posting of the Challenge Winner by a day or two.
Your entry will then be posted on our blog and the poll will be open for 3 business days (unless an extension is necessary). The winner of the challenge will be determined by viewer votes and will receive:
- $50 webstore gift certificate (some restrictions may apply)
- A posting on our blog and/or feature in our email announcement, with a link to their site or blog.
***We reserve the right to deny a submission for any reason.***
To spark your imagination, here are some of Bead Inspirations designs using glazed clay beads:
Save 20-30% Freshwater Pearls!
Sale on freshwater pearl purchased online and in our retail store. Sale does not apply to glass pearls. Sale
ends Monday, January 28, at 11:59pm. All sales final.
Beautiful pearls for your jewelry-making projects!
New Necklace Design – Sleepy Dragonfly. This necklace features lampwork glass, bone, natural brass, freshwater pearls and Swarovski pearls.
We’ve modified the Simplicity Necklace kit so that it is now 16.5″ around. Make this elegant necklace now for just $27.99! Make it longer by adding a few more pearls and crystals to your order. Make the matching earrings!
Make your own beautiful rosary!